Introducing Pictionary Air™, a hysterical way to play the classic family drawing game! Draw in the air and see it on screen in this exciting take on the quick-draw classic. Download the Pictionary Air™ app to your smart phone or tablet to get started. Point the in-app camera at the illustrator and they’ll appear, along with their sketch, on the screen of your smart device. Cast to your TV for even bigger laughs!
- Get up and get moving with Pictionary Air™, a hilarious twist on the classic drawing game!
- Download the free Pictionary Air™ app, point the in-app camera at the illustrator and they’ll appear, along with their sketch, on the screen of your smart device.
- Take turns drawing clues in the air while your teammates guess the images that appear on the screen. The team with the most points wins!
- The easy-to-use app lets you record your performance and play it back for more laughs in between rounds, or save and share it with your friends.
- Adjust the round timer and number of rounds to give beginners or younger kids more time to draw. Selfie Mode allows you to draw without any time limits or rounds.
- For even bigger laughs, cast gameplay onto your TV from your phone or tablet using Apple TV, Chromecast or compatible streaming device at home. Compatible streaming device required. Check the Pictionary Air support page for device compatibility. You may also use adaptors (not included) to connect your phone/table directly to your TV via HDMI.
- Pictionary Air™ is perfect for any party or game night with 8-year olds and up. Includes Pictionary Air™ pen, 112 double-sided clue cards and card box. One AA Alkaline battery is included.
Watch the Video To Learn How To Play Pictionary Air
Pictionary Air FAQs
Pictionary Air is compatible with most iOS and Android devices with below OS versions:
- Android 6.0
- iOS 11.0
To verify your iOS device, follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201685
For Android: navigate to Settings -> About Phone and look for “Software Information” or “Android Version”.
Due to unexpected issues, the following devices are currently NOT supported by Pictionary Air. Please contact Customer Service for additional information.
- Sony Xperia
- Google Pixel C
You must have a compatible streaming device that is able to cast the Pictionary Air™ app from your smart device onto your TV. You can cast using an Apple TV, Chromecast or other similar streaming device.
To see gameplay on your TV, you will need to “mirror” your device’s screen through a streaming device. For this to work, your mobile device must be compatible with your streaming device. See the links below.
Screen Mirroring Compatibility:
- Apple TV - YES*
- Roku - NO
- Chromecast - NO
- Smart TV - NO
- Apple TV - NO
- Roku - YES**
- Chromecast - YES***
- Smart TV - Refer to TV Manufacturer Documentation
Additionally, it is possible to display your mobile device screen on a TV using a HDMI cable. A compatible adaptor is also required.
In classic Pictionary™ players sketch one given clue quickly on paper or an erasable board. In Pictionary Air™, players use the Pictionary Air pen and their imagination to draw in the air in front of them - their drawing is only visible to their team via the Pictionary Air app. The Picturist can’t see the lines they are drawing but are able to interact (like charades) with their sketches – which appear over their own bodies.
This is a completely different and hysterical way to play the quick-sketching and guessing game!
Yes! In Pictionary Air™, you are given a card with 5 clues to choose from. You can sketch them in any order and your team gets points for guessing the clues correctly.
Each card has clues that range in difficulty. For beginners, each player should be given some extra time in the “warm up” to read over their card and pick out a couple clues they think they can draw easily.
Kids can play! This is a family game meant to be played with kids and adults, together.
If you are playing with younger kids, you will want to extend the round timer in PLAY mode. This will give them extra time to read over the cards and find clues they recognize.
It is not a requirement to play standing. You can easily play sitting down or even at a table.
The Pictionary Air™ app has two different game modes to choose from:
PLAY allows you to set a different timer length and number of rounds. This makes it easy to create the experience you want. Use a shorter timer for a challenge or longer time for beginners or younger children.
SELFIE MODE does not have a timer. Use this to sketch your masterpiece or watch your sketch appear on your face.
The clues on each card vary in difficulty. If you are playing with young children or people new to drawing games, we suggest starting with the PLAY mode and increasing the timer length. Also, since you don’t need to sketch the clues in order, give them a little extra time to look at the clue card and find words they recognize before starting the timer.
The pen is lit, but the lines are not appearing on screen.
For best performance, the battery will need to be replaced after several hours of play, even if the pen is still lit. If the lines are no longer consistently appearing on screen and the game has been played after several hours, try replacing the battery with a new one.
Unscrew the battery cover with a Phillips head screwdriver (not included). Install 1 new AA(LR6) battery in the orientation (+/-). Replace battery cover and tighten screw.
• For longer life, use alkaline batteries.
• When exposed to an electrostatic source, the product may malfunction. To resume normal operation, remove and re-install the batteries.
Make sure the Picturist always has the pen facing the device’s camera and is pressing the button when they want a line to be drawn. Check that the pen is turned on and a red light is visible. Also, check that the light is green when the button is pressed.
This could be caused by lighting conditions or the color of clothing or objects in the background. Play Pictionary Air™ indoors in a room that is not overly bright. Also, certain shades of red and green on clothes or background objects may affect gameplay and should be avoided.
Make sure the person who is holding the device holds it as still as possible while the Picturist is sketching.
Pictionary Air™ works best in a room indoors that has light, but is not overly bright.
Early release versions of our cards are Red and Blue. Don’t worry, game play has not changed. Contact customer service for an updated version of our clue cards.
To have the best experience while playing Pictionary Air on your TV, go through the following list to make sure your WiFi connection is performing as best as it can:
- Ensure that your phone/table is on the same WiFi network as your Chromecast/Apple TV/Smart TV/Roku.
- Minimize the number of other devices on your network and try to avoid streaming video on the same network.
- If possible, try to move your Chromecast/Apple TV/Smart TV/Roku closer to your WiFi router.
- If you have a router that supports the 5 Ghz frequency, ensure that your phone/tablet is utilizing it. This may be achieved by moving closer to your router.
- Try resetting your router.
In addition to optimizing your WiFi connection, make sure your phone/tablet is performing as best as it can by ensuring it meets the Minimum System Requirements. In addition, minimize the number of apps running on your phone/tablet in the background.